Board of Commissioner’s Meeting
1612 Sisk Road
Modesto, CA 95350
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
Thursday, November 9, 2023 – 5:30 P.M.
CALIFORNIA STATE ASSEMBLY BILL 361 AMENDS THE RALPH M. BROWN ACT TO INCLUDE NEW AUTHORIZATION FOR REMOTE MEETINGS, INCLUDING REMOTE PUBLIC COMMENT FOR ALL LOCAL AGENCIES. CALIFORNIA STATE ASSEMBLY BILL 361 EXTENDS THE PROVISION OF GOVERNOR NEWSOM’S EXECUTIVE ORDER N-29-20 AND N-35-20 UNTIL JANUARY 2024. THE COMMISSIONERS BOARD MEETINGS WILL BE HELD AS HYBRID MEETINGS WITH THE OPTION TO ATTEND BY TELECONFERENCE/VIDEO CONFERENCE OR IN PERSON. MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC THAT WISH TO ATTEND AND/OR PARTICIPATE IN A MEETING MAY DO SO IN PERSON AT 1612 SISK ROAD, MODESTO, CA,95350, OR BY JOINING THE ZOOM MEETING BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW. PUBLIC COMMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED BOTH IN PERSON AND VIA ZOOM MEETING.
CALL-IN Number: 1-669-444-9171
Meeting I.D.: 878 5961 5362
The Board of Commissioners welcomes and encourages public participation in the Commission meetings. Members of the public may be heard on any item on the Commission’s agenda. A person addressing the Commission will be limited to 5 minutes unless the Chairperson grants a longer period of time. Comments by members of the public on any item on the agenda will only be allowed during consideration of the item by the Commission. Members of the public desiring to be heard on matters under jurisdiction of the Commission, but not on the agenda, may address the Commission during the General Public Comment period.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Action Agenda – Ensue One Action Item:
1. Resolution No. 22-23-61 Resolution Approving the continuance of Teleconference and/or Virtual Meetings as per state of California Assembly Bill 361
4. General Public Comment Period and Recognition of Guests
Members of the public desiring to be heard on matters under jurisdiction of the Commission, but not on the agenda, may address the Commission at this time. Comments will be limited to 5 minutes unless the Chairperson grants a longer period of time.
1. Approval of the Minutes from the September 28, 2023 Board of Commissioners Meeting.
6. Executive Director Report
1. Program Activity and Occupancy Statistics
2. Tuolumne Development Updates
3. 1612 Phase II Workforce Housing Update
4. Development Report
5. Information Technology Report
6. Human Resources Report
7. Vacancy Report
8. Annual Capital Projects Report
7. Information/Discussion Items
1. National NARHO Conference comments
8. Consent Calendar
1. Financial Report
2. Check Register
3. Women’s Auxiliary Ball
9. Written Correspondence
1. Center for Human Services Letter
10. Action Agenda Continued
2. Resolution 21-22-12 Consider Amending Resolution 21-22-12 Approving the 2021-2023 Wastewater and Sewer Rehabilitation Contract, Between the State of California Department of Housing and Community Development and Stanislaus Regional Housing Authority. Contact #21-OMSR-17042
3. Resolution 21-22-28 Consider approving an AMENDMENT of the Resolution Approving the 2021-2023 Rehabilitation Projects Contract, between the State of California Department of Housing and Community Development and Stanislaus Regional Housing Authority. Contract #21-OMSR-16304
11. Closed Session
12. Commissioners Comments
13. Adjourn Meeting
Per Government Code Section 54954.2, any person with a disability who requires an accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, in order to participate in the meeting, please contact the Board Secretary during Agency business hours by calling at least 48 hours prior to the start of the meeting (209) 557-2002. Writings that are public records under subdivision (a) and that are distributed during a public meeting shall be made available for public inspection at the meeting if prepared by the local agency or a member of its legislative body, or after the meeting if prepared by some other person. (Government Code, Section 54957(b).
Matters Too Late for The Agenda – These may be presented by members of the Commission and Authority staff upon determination that an emergency exists, as defined by State Law or that the need to take action on the matter arose subsequent to the publishing of this agenda.
The Public is advised that the Board of Commissioners of Stanislaus Regional Housing Authority may not act on any item that is not on the Agenda unless (a) by a majority of vote of the Commissioners, they determine that an emergency situation exists. An emergency situation is defined as a work stoppage or other activity which severely impairs public health, safety or both, which is determined by majority of the Commissioners. An emergency situation can also be a crippling disaster which severely impairs public health, safety or both, as determined by the Commissioners; (b) the Commissioners by a two thirds (2/3) vote of all the Commissioners present, or by unanimous vote of those present if less than two thirds (2/3) of the total Commissioners are present, determines that the need to take action became apparent subsequent to the posting of the agenda; c) the particular time was posted for a prior meeting which occurred not more than five (5) Calendar days prior to the date action is actually taken on that item and at that prior meeting that item was continued to a meeting in which action is now being taken.