Board of Commissioners Meeting
1701 Robertson Road
Modesto, California 95351
December 13, 2018 5:30 p.m.
The Board of Commissioners welcomes and encourages public participation in the Commission meetings. Members of the public may be heard on any item on the Commission’s agenda. A person addressing the Commission will be limited to 5 minutes unless the Chairperson grants a longer period of time. Comments by members of the public on any item on the agenda will only be allowed during consideration of the item by the Commission. Members of the public desiring to be heard on matters under jurisdiction of the Commission, but not on the agenda, may address the Commission during the General Public Comment period.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. General Public Comment Period and Recognition of Guests
Members of the public desiring to be heard on matters under jurisdiction of the Commission, but not on the agenda, may address the Commission at this time. Comments will be limited to 5 minutes unless the Chairperson grants a longer period of time.
4. Approval of Minutes
Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting November 8, 2018
5. Executive Director Report
• Program Activity and Occupancy Statistics
• Meeting with Congressman-Elect Josh Harder
• Development Report
• Information Technology Report
• Vacancy Report
6. Information/Discussion Items
8. Action Agenda
1. Consideration of Resolution No. 18-19-08 Consider Approving the Housing Authority to apply as a Development Sponsor with the County of Calaveras for its Non-Competitive No Place Like Home application.
3. Consideration of Resolution No. 18-19-10 Consider Approving the Housing Authority to apply as a Development Sponsor with the County of Stanislaus for its Non-Competitive No Place Like Home application.
4. Consideration of Resolution No. 18-19-11 Consider Approving the Housing Authority to apply as a Development Sponsor with the County of Stanislaus for its Competitive No Place Like Home application.
5. Consideration of Resolution No. 18-19-12 Authorizing the Executive Director to utilize up to $100,000 in funding or to apply for a loan in such amount as may be necessary for gap financing needed for the NPLH applications(s).
7. Consideration of Resolution No. 18-19-14 – Consider Approving the purchase of 241 Hospital Rd, Sonora California, CA; Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN):056-150-23-00 for the purpose of increasing the affordable housing stock on Calaveras County.
8. Consideration of Resolution No. 18-19-15 Consider Approving the purchase of Lot #6, Gold Strike Rd, San Andreas, California; Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN) 042-011-013 for the purpose of developing four to six affordable housing units.
9. Written Correspondence
10. Closed Session
11. Adjourn Meeting
Per Government Code Section 54954.2, any person with a disability who requires an accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, in order to participate in the meeting, please contact the Board Secretary during Agency business hours by calling at least 48 hours prior to the start of the meeting (209) 557-2002. Writings that are public records under subdivision (a) and that are distributed during a public meeting shall be made available for public inspection at the meeting if prepared by the local agency or a member of its legislative body, or after the meeting if prepared by some other person. (Government Code, Section 54957(b).
Matters Too Late for The Agenda – These may be presented by members of the Commission and Authority staff upon determination that an emergency exists, as defined by State Law or that the need to take action on the matter arose subsequent to the publishing of this agenda.
The Public is advised that the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the County of Stanislaus may not act on any item that is not on the Agenda unless (a) by a majority of vote of the Commissioners, they determine that an emergency situation exists. An emergency situation is defined as a work stoppage or other activity which severely impairs public health, safety or both, which is determined by majority of the Commissioners. An emergency situation can also be a crippling disaster which severely impairs public health, safety or both, as determined by the Commissioners; (b) the Commissioners by a two thirds (2/3) vote of all the Commissioners present, or by unanimous vote of those present if less than two thirds (2/3) of the total Commissioners are present, determines that the need to take action became apparent subsequent to the posting of the agenda; c) the particular time was posted for a prior meeting which occurred not more than five (5) Calendar days prior to the date action is actually taken on that item and at that prior meeting that item was continued to a meeting in which action is now being taken.